Picking up flowers every week is just one of those things that will always be a highlight of my week. The only problem, this cold weather is making my apartment like a sauna, turning my flowers sad and droopy. Taking a page from my local florist, it’s time to pop them in the fridge. So, before I leave for work in the morning I place the vases in the fridge and take them out when I come home. I know it might seem like a silly step, but it has doubled the life of my pretty petals making it totally worth it!
It’s Monday and after recovering from an office outing last week, I spent a majority of my weekend at the spa putting myself back together. That also meant I logged some major pinterest hours and got so inspired to get back to entertaining in the coming weeks. Here are a few things I am loving…
1. Bread doesn’t always have to be savory, I could eat an entire loaf of this chocolate bread. Knowing me, I might add some sea salt to the top.
2. As we gear up for spring (it’s coming, i can feel it) this floral table runner is perfection. Forget the vases, just pick an place flowers along the center of the table!
3. Adorable alphabet paper plates. I would use these at any party, not just for the kiddies, and use as place settings for a casual lunch or brunch.
4. Prosciutto-Wrapped Truffle Fries- go! a shortcut version: pick up the garlic fries from trader joe’s, bake and add a little truffle oil to the garlic mix.
5. Peach flowers, so pretty!
I must admit, I spent the majority of my weekend watching the new season of House Of Cards. I am OBSESSED! So, when it came time to post today I went to my Pinterest feed to see what I had pinned lately. Say hello to the kumquat! This delightful citrus fruit is a versatile little sucker. It can spruce up a cocktail classic like the mojito, add some color to your salad, and texture to any flower arrangement. I am trying to venture out of my comfort zone and incorporate more items that are off the beaten path. I encourage you to do the same. Are there any fruits you are curious about but too afraid to try? Let me know and I will test the waters for you!