Skip to content

{DIY} Dry Erase Coasters

August 27. 2012
tags: ,

20120824-102042.jpg

I don’t venture into the DIY world very often, but the idea for dry erase coasters has been in my journal for months and I finally got around to making it happen. I like anything that can help engage my guests while also being reusable and, if I am making it, it needs to be quick and easy. Write a fun fact, a question, or even a game of tic-tac-toe at your next soirée. The possibilities are endless.

DIY Dry Erase Coasters
{How To Make}
Step 1. Tape two opposite sides of the tile leaving a small line exposed.
Step 2. Paint both the side and small top line of tile with two coats (just like your nails) and let dry.
Step 3. Remove tape from painted sides and tape remaining two sides.
Step 4. Repeat painting process and let dry.
Step 5. Stick four felt pads on the bottom corners of each tile.
Step 6. With a dry erase marker write or draw away!

20120824-102107.jpg

12 Comments leave one →
  1. August 27. 2012 10:41 am

Such a simple and awesome idea!

2. August 27. 2012 11:26 am

Oh I love this! And using nail polish is savvy because it gives you a ton of unique color options and you can use what you already have at home. When I get my new apartment, I’m definitely making these!

3. kasey permalink
    August 27. 2012 12:41 pm

Such a cute idea! Love adding the nail polish. It’s such a nice finish to such fun project!

4. Sally Brown permalink
    August 30. 2012 1:17 pm

Love it!! Thought about also using long narrow tiles or larger tiles for hot plates for buffet, dinner parties and labeling each dish.SB Pilot Hill

• August 30. 2012 1:18 pm

and now you all know where I get it from. Entertaining is in my jeans. Great idea MOM! XO

5. Lindsay permalink
    September 10. 2012 4:06 pm

How well does the nail polish stay on the tile after being used? I was just curious if you put any sort of top coat on the paint to seal it in?

• September 10. 2012 6:32 pm

I have used them a few times without any top coat and haven’t had any chipping. A top coat of clear couldn’t hurt!

6. September 27. 2013 4:13 am

I’ve loaded your website in 3 completely different browsers and I must say this website loads
    a lot faster then most. Would you mind contacting
    me the name of your hosting company? My personal email is:
    ardenlemessurier@web.de. I will even sign up through your own affiliate link if you would
    like. Cheers