Skip to content

{DIY} Stemless Wine Glass Name Tags

September 17. 2012

For me, DIY should really be called PSS: Problem Solving Solution. These quick-and-easy, name tags were the result of having friends over for drinks and needing a way to tag everyone’s stemless wine glass. You can write the names ahead of time, or pre-cut blank pieces for guests to write on themselves. I love the endless possibilities Washi Tape has brought to my entertaining arsenal and have found that it is always a good idea to have a few rolls handy for entertaining emergencies. Enjoy!

Stemless Wine Glass Name Tags
29 Comments leave one →
  1. September 18. 2012 9:54 pm

Do you find the washi tape hard to remove cleanly? or do you just pile it on for every new party?

2. September 28. 2012 10:49 am

Absolutely love this idea!!!

3. October 15. 2012 3:53 pm

So fun! I just bought a few little rolls of washi tape and am totally going to use this tip! -Rachel

4. annie permalink
    March 22. 2013 1:15 pm

why do you need a stemless wine glass?

• Alie permalink
      March 26. 2013 4:17 pm

I don’t think it is that you “need” a stemless wine glass – the point is that with regular wine glasses you can use those charm things, and you can’t do that on a stemless. So this is a way to identify whose glass is whose when you ARE using stemless.

5. foxesandfigs permalink
    March 22. 2013 3:03 pm

love this idea! <3 washi tape so much

6. March 22. 2013 3:54 pm

This would be a nice, neat, and pretty idea for water glasses too than writing ugly with markers. I’ve been seeing so much about washi tape lately; gotta get one from Michael’s and see what it’s all about!

7. March 30. 2013 7:31 am

love this! Great idea.

8. April 8. 2013 5:43 pm

I LOVE this idea! Definitely a “why didn’t I think of that moment!” I will definitely be trying this at our next dinner party. Thanks for sharing!

9. November 19. 2013 7:00 pm

They don’t come off with condensation after a few hours of sitting there (for cooler beverages or ice water?)

• November 20. 2013 2:19 pm

Hi Hannah, I haven’t had a problem with them coming off. I apply them when the glasses are dry and they haven’t curled. If the tape you are using isn’t tacky enough, I would suggest placing the label on top half of the glass above the pour line. Hope that helps and thanks for stopping by. -Jen

• November 20. 2013 4:59 pm

Yes, that helps. Thank you . I just bought some washi tape today and a gold sharpie to mark our glasses for Thanksgiving next week! Thanks for the idea! I am excited to try them out.

• November 20. 2013 5:04 pm

Love it-Would love to see how they come out!

10. Zee permalink
    April 9. 2014 8:54 am

This is the most simple and exciting DIY for personalized stemless wine glasses that I have ever found. A million thanks for the simple but fab idea!:-)

Trackbacks