After a short post holiday break from entertaining, I am quickly missing the company of good friends to share a glass of wine and finally catch up. While gearing up for my next gathering, I thought it would be a good opportunity to highlight one of the most commonly overlooked rooms when entertaining…the bathroom. Since I only have one bathroom, taking the time make the time to make it guest friendly is a must. With minimal prep work and a few quick updates you can be rest assured your guests won’t notice a thing (a true sign of a well planned space.)
After a deep clean…
- De-clutter the counters: it is time to find a new home for your toothbrush (in the cabinet)
- Light a candle: candlelight makes everything feel special and smell yummy.
- Soap: Replace that bar of soap with a nice liquid pump soap.
- Extra TP: Place extra rolls do toilet paper in a container or behind the toilet so guests don’t have to search for an new roll.
- Upgrade your hand towels:
- for large gatherings: a stack of simple white paper hand towels is nice touch and pretty inexpensive. You can pick up a pack of 500 towels for about $80.
- just a few guests: consider investing in extra cloth napkins. Fold them and place them on a tray with a separate waste basket. So fancy!
This whole process takes about 15 minutes and makes a world of difference when entertaining. I would love to hear your tips and tricks for setting the perfectly planned guest bathroom!
image via Decor Pad (a girl can dream!)